Corporate Policy on Safety, Health, Environment, Communities, Employments & Ethics
Safety Health, Environment, Communities, Employment and Ethics
- We are committed to conducting our business in an honest and ethical manner. We strive to conform to the spirit and intent, as well as the technical requirements, of all company commitments, laws, regulations and rules that govern us.
- We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and the environment in the communities where we work.
- We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment where all employees can fulfill their potential based on merit and ability.
- We strive to deal with everyone in a fair and open manner.
- If a problem arises, we will deal with it in a lawful and proper manner, we will act to alleviate it, and we will respond with support to those affected.
- Our mandate is to create value for stakeholders while continually improving our performance as a good corporate citizen. We value our reputation and the trust and confidence placed in us as a company.
- We take these commitments seriously, and our management and Board of Directors will make every effort to foster a culture to support and honor them.
To implement our corporate policy on safety, health, environment, and employment, we will:
- Obey the law and conduct business with exemplary business ethics;
- Promote a culture of safety by continually reinforcing the need and manage risks, communicate among workers and managers about safety issues, and measure safety performance, all with a goal of achieving zero safety or health incidents;
- Conduct operations in a sound environmental manner that avoids and minimizes harm to the natural environment and human heath wherever feasible, and progressively remediates impacts that do occur with the goal of protecting human health and rehabilitating natural ecosystems or other beneficial uses of land and natural resources;
- Promote responsibility of all individuals to integrate health, safety, and environmental considerations into all planning and decision making;
- Uphold the right of all employees to work in a supportive environment that provides opportunities to gain skills and develop competencies that enable them to pursue a fulfilling career;
- Ensure that no harassing or discriminatory conduct is permitted in the workplace, and that decisions on job selection, advancements and promotions will be unbiased, based on merit and ability;
- Foster open and respectful dialogue with local communities and respect the rights and recognize the aspirations of people affected by our activities;
- Continually improve safety, health, environmental practices;
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with this Code